The School of Information Sciences has various assistantship positions available which are awarded on a competitive bases to qualified students (campus and distance). An assistantship is a financial award to a graduate student for part-time work while pursuing an advanced degree. Appointments are normally on a one-fourth to one-half time basis, usually requiring 10 – 20 hours of service per week. Positions include a waiver of tuition and maintenance fees for the period of the appointment in accordance with university policy.
Assistantships offered through the School include the following. (Please click on a link below to see a description before applying.)
- Graduate Teaching Assistantship – 9-month appointment. Requires 10 work hours per week. Assigned to a faculty member. Includes tuition waiver and stipend of $6,255. Start: August
- DE Support Graduate Assistantship – 12-month appointment. 2nd year students only. Requires 10-20 work hours per week. Includes tuition waiver and stipend of $6,255. Start: August or when available.
To apply for any or all assistantship positions available, select the link below. Only one application should be submitted, and it will be held on file for one year. Your application must include the following:
- Selection of which position(s) you are seeking.
- A current resume
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from professional references
- A personal statement answering the following question: "Considering your academic and/or work history, why should you be selected for an assistantship position with the School of Information Sciences?"
Undegraduate grade point average, graduate grade point average, and/or GRE scores will also be considered. Applicants may also be contacted for a phone call interview as part of the evaluation process.
Student Assistant Position Application (coming soon)
Students are encouraged to apply early before each upcoming academic year. Applications for assistantship positions beginning in the fall must be submitted by February 15.