Information technology is a vital resource for the faculty, staff and students at the School of Information Sciences. We are committed to ensuring that the IT resources available at SIS are a useful tool. The following IT resources are key components to your experience as a student at the University of Tennessee. Once you know what they are and how to use them, you'll have access to most IT resources at UT.
- Are You New? - The Life Preserver for new students, faculty and staff at UTK
- OIT Home Page - One stop for finding help for IT services at UTK
- NetID at UTK - Finding and setting up your NetID
- Email at UTK - Tmail for Faculty/Staff, Volmail for Students
- Password Management - Managing your NetID/UT Email/Active Directory Password
- LIVEONLINE.UTK.EDU - ZOOM information and FAQs, including system requirements.
- ONLINE.UTK.EDU - Canvas learning management system login
- Discussion Lists at SIS - Information about joining the required listserv for SIS students
Real Time, Live Class Meetings Using ZOOM
Whether you are a DE student or Campus student, we recognize that you may need additional technical support due to the electronic delivery of classes. As a result, we provide a number of staff and other resources designed specifically for supporting students in LiveOnline@UT - Zoom. For your safety and to ensure a full class experience, please do not attend a SIS Zoom class meeting while driving!
We offer 2 SIS Support Phone Lines during live online class sessions:
- SIS Toll-free Support Line: 1-888-378-9338
- SIS Local Support Line: 865-974-7913.
For UT ZoomTechnical Help in a live class session, call:
- (865) 974-3117 (Local)
- 1 (877) 974-3117 (toll free)
Access to the Zoom class sessions is through https://tennessee.zoom.us. You can also login to Online@UT (Canvas) as you normally would with your NetID and Password and find your instructor's link to the Zoom session for your course. If you have any questions, please call the support numbers above or submit a help ticket request at http://help.utk.edu.