It's important to note that if you choose to study on the Knoxville campus, your first few classes may be in a physical, traditional classroom, but a majority of your classes will be online. Both on-campus and Distance Education offer the convenience of online classes, but our on-campus students enjoy the benefits of many aspects of face-to-face interaction with faculty and students, research partnerships with UTK libraries and partners, as well as Vol culture and events!
Our distance education students will take classes 100% online. Both options give you the same great education. Take a look at the benefits of each below and reach out with any questions regarding what would be the best fit for you.
- Face-to-face interaction with faculty, and students, as well as face-to-face networking opportunities with IS professionals.
- In-Person research partnerships with UTK libraries, faculty, and other Knoxville-based partners.
- Access to campus facilities, resources and services such as student health services and recreation facilities.
- Experience UT Volunteer on-campus culture, including sporting events, research forums, special lectures, athletic programs, sporting events, on-campus groups, and more!
Distance Education Students
- Convenient and friendly to working professionals.
- If you are a non-resident of Tennessee, our online learning tuition rates are comparable with in-state levels. Avoid paying out-of-state tuition.
- Continue your current employment if you prefer to continue to work while you study.
- Pursue your degree without the financial burden of relocating. Stay in close proximity to your friends and family.
- Many of the activities and events, including IS networking events, are also offered online through video and other technology tools.
Please take a moment to review Our Application Procedure section, and start the process today!
|Begin the Application Process|