There are four roles related to a SIS Practicum:
- Faculty Advisor
- Practicum Coordinator
- Site Supervisor
- Primarily responsible for initiating the practicum process.
- Creates a list of learning objectives by working with the SIS Faculty Advisor.
- Identifies the practicum site and supervisor. The Practicum Coordinator may help with the site selection.
- Completes practicum work requirements and fulfills practicum deliverables.
- Assists student in developing a list of learning objectives for the practicum.
- Reviews and approves the proposed practicum as being relevant to the student's program and career interests.
- Assists the student with identifying the practicum site and placing the practicum
- Responsible for supervision of the practicum experience once the faculty advisor and site supervisor have approved the student's practicum application.
- Coordinates communications between the site supervisor, facutly advisor, and student.
- SIS Practicum Coordinator is Diane Kelly, Ph.D, SIS Director, 865-974-2148; firstname.lastname@example.org
- An upaid, seasoned information professional who will provide a professional work experience for the student.
- Supervises and mentors the student during the practicum.
- Works with the student to develop the list of learning objectives.
- Reviews and approves the proposed practicum as being appropriate for the site and the student.
- Completes the Supervisor Evaluation of Student Practicum at the end of the practicum.