The Research & Instructional Services (RIS) Department at the University of Memphis' McWherter Library is comprised of 3 full-time faculty, 3 full-time staff, and an interim department head. Our daily tasks include working the research help desk, prepping instructional materials, providing library instruction, and additional related tasks.
"Depending on the student's interests, they could assist in any of the following tasks:
- researching instruction trends and developing an implementation plan for an identified trend
- develop online library tutorials for UofM students
- participate in instruction
- develop takeaway materials for UofM students at the research help desk
- work on weeding the Reference Collection"